Did you know that nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads? (source: Annuitas Group). An email list is THE key component if you want to build quality relationships that turn into quality customers.
Here are a few key reasons why email is THE NUMBER ONE way to improve your marketing (Read: IF you do nothing else, do THIS!).
- You can’t build your brand on rented land. Here’s the thing: if you build your audience on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn or any other social platform, you are building your audience on a space that is not owned by you. Facebook or any of these platforms is free to change their algorithms (or the way your followers get to see you) whenever they want. Just ask anyone how frustrating it is to have a Facebook page – even with tens of thousands of followers, it feels like pure chance as to whether your followers will see your posts or not. You’ll have to pay money to Facebook in the form of an ad to ensure your followers see your information. You are completely at *pick your social media outlet*’s mercy of them allowing you to talk to your customers.
- Conversion rates are WAAAAAAY higher. The proof is in the numbers: email campaigns see 50-100 times the click rates that Facebook and Twitter do. If you’re after traffic that converts, an audience that actually purchases your product or service, you can’t afford to ignore the power of email.
- Even if you have amazing SEO and run killer ads, Google is constantly changing its algorithm and, you never know when you might end up with a penalty – without even knowing what you’ve done wrong! In that situation your mailing list is the only real asset you have.
- Unlike a tweet or a Facebook post, where the lifespan is short (if they don’t login and see it right away, chances are it will never show up in their feed again), an email sits in an Inbox, bold and Unread, until the subscriber decides to engage. If the content of the email is useful, they can refer back to it again and again.
- What’s one of the first things you do in the morning? If you’re like me, checking those notifications on your phone, all the new communications that have come in overnight, is one of them. Reading emails is one of the first things I do in the morning and at that time, it gets my undivided attention.
Not sure how to grow an email list? Don’t worry, we will be covering this topic quite a bit here on this blog so check back often.